All good things must come to an end, and so the summer of 2017 is winding down. It’s been a doozy, what with the solar eclipse and all.
But no need to be sad! Thousands of kids around the country are excitedly counting down the number of days to return to their classrooms and school friends (and in many places are already back!)
If you are a teacher, librarian, or parent, you understand the value of a good book. With so many distractions these days, kids might forget the comfort or excitement of a book that resonates with them.
Let me introduce the Seed Savers series–maybe someone you know is looking for a series like this one. Seed Savers is set in a future where gardening is illegal and real food is unknown. Three young friends must decide what to do when they discover the truth about the “old ways” of food. Out to stop them is GRIM, the government agency controlling the nation’s food.
Who might enjoy this series?
- fans of Among the Hidden, The Giver, and other futuristic “What if” stories
- adults & kids who like children’s books such as Little House on The Prairie and Anne of Green Gables. The main characters in Seed Savers start at age twelve.
- children who like adventure, but not violence
- teens and ‘tweens who like romance, but just a hint
- people who prefer not to read profanity
- gardening class teachers and students
- folks who grew up on farms
- folks who wish they had grown up on farms
More about the Seed Savers series
- Five books in the series: Treasure, Lily, Heirloom, Keeper, Unbroken (Unbroken still to be released)
- each book is available in paperback and ebook
- Treasure has an audiobook, great for reading along with in class!! Read an interview with the narrator here.
- Available to order through the regular online sources. For schools and bookstores, available through Ingram ISBN 9781943345038. You may also email firstname.lastname@example.org to buy directly.
- lexile for Treasure is 660
- visit my website and Amazon author page for more info on each book
- Try book one, Treasure for free here with other YA fiction for a limited time. (You can also win a $50 prize!)
- Book 2, Lily, is also on sale for only 99 cents through the end of September!
“Smith’s Seed Savers books are great reads for young people on many levels. The action is packed with secret acts of civil disobedience, escape from evil GRIM thugs and independent cross-country treks. Plus, teens will both recognize and learn about issues surrounding food sources. Seed Saver books have something for everyone: diverse characters, themes of empowerment, revolution, and even a little romance.” —Joyce Yoder, Middle School Principal
“My 10 yr old daughter says this series is the best she has ever read. She hopes volume 5 will be out soon. She said when she was finished reading this last book she felt like throwing a fit because she couldn’t read another in the series. My daughter is an avid reader and has never thrown a fit or said she had ever wanted to until she finished this book. Hope there are more to come in this series.” —Recent Verified Purchase Review on Amazon
“This is a great book for kids. I love how it brings back the importance of eating healthy fresh food, and does it in an entertaining way. I love to garden and am trying to pass the love on to my kids. I will definitely be recommending this book to them. I look forward to the next book. I wasn’t ready for the book to end when it did.” –From Julie on the Audible edition of Treasure
Does it sound like you or someone you know might enjoy Seed Savers? Give it a try! Pass on the information! And feel free to leave a comment below.